So I was surprised and slightly unsure when I heard that Mark Donaldson was going to preach this Sunday. Not that he wouldn't do a good job because he did, but it was more of a "Oh great...how can I make fun of him?"
Truth be told, I couldn't find anything except to say, "Yes father, I suppose you had to do this to me! You had to have Mark preach a 'nice' serious sermon, with no mirrors or fruit!"
Sadly my friends, there were no over-sized mirrors, or pale-faced princesses, so this probably won't be near as comical as the last one.
However there were a couple of things that i thought could be used as something rather funny!
Mark mentioned a transformation thingy when he used the analogy of metamorphosis. So I thought, "Hey! Maybe I can use something here!" So Mark the great intellectual man, told us of the fabulous intricacies of metamorphawhatever, so that we would understand that with God's help and guidance we can transform ourselves into a....(pause for effect...)A BUTTERFLY! Tadahhh! See!See! Wasn't that exciting!? You can just feel the excitement gushing through this virtual paper!
But seriously Mark had some great points, the most important(and I think most repeated)was that we need our relationship with Jesus Christ! (There Mark, I complimented you!)
But in all seriousness this was a fantastic sermon, blah, blah, blah, and I was really bummed that there were no ridiculous props or over dramatic gestures. but hey you did great Mark! :)
God Bless! And I hope you enjoyed it!
~Andrea Crowley :)
P.S. Here are some more verses for you scholarly types who obviously find my blog boring: Ecclesiastes 4:12, Proverbs 18:1 (Also I have included the link to the actual sermon on the page, judge for yourself.)
http://app.razorplanet.com/acct/42805-6621/tmpl/index.php?nid=125745&s=gl&preview=true
No comments:
Post a Comment